Tuesday, July 1, 2008

24-May-08 3-day holiday Saturday craziness

Bournemouth went from a small quaint town to a bustling crazy place in just 1 day. Quite a number of out-of-towners here on the holiday weekend, driving in from London and elsewhere. As I walk along the beach, I recognize many a foreign tongues speaking.....Italian, Spanish, Indian, etc. Not sure if they are just venturing down from London or all the way in from other countries.....never thought Bournemouth would be such a melting pot.

So far, when I've been in many of the restaurants or fast food joints (a.k.a. fish and chip shops), there's been practically nobody in the place, so I wonder how they can stay open. But today I understood these are the days for which they froth at the mouth. There were queues after queues of people....and in sit-down restaurants, no availability for seating.....all booked up.

No comments: