Sunday, April 27, 2008

26-Apr-08 When it's nice....

On Saturday, it was beautiful weather....although still only 18 C (about 65 F), but the sun was shining brightly. At lunchtime, upon recommendation from my boss, I went to a little seaside hangout in Sandbanks, called Jazzy's. They have a nice little Mediterranean feel, including both outside and indoor seating. Indoors, there's a nice WOOD fireplace, which created a nice aroma inside. I think it was still too cool to sit outside, but there were plenty enjoying, and several people playing on the beach AND in the water. Brrrrr...still too cold for me.

The food at Jazzy's was simple but fantastic. I had the crab and salmon fishcakes, served on salad. Probably the best crabcake I've ever had, not dry at all. Nice place to relax on the weekend, but, alas, I had errands to run, so I didn't get to loiter long.

There were so many people out and about, really the 1st best day of the year. Everyone I ran into commented about the nice weather....EVERYONE!

So, just for future, here are the basic conversions for temps, if I use Celsius.
90 F = 32 C (RARE in Bournemouth)
80 F = 26.7 C
70 F = 21 C
60 F = 15.5 C
50 F = 10 C
40 F = 4.4 C
32 F = 0 C
25 F = -4 C (about the coldest it gets in Bournemouth)
0 F = -18 C (only used when I talk about Chicago)
-25 F = -32 C (the coldest I ever encountered in Chicago, the 2nd month I lived there in 1994)

No comments: