Sunday, April 27, 2008

27-Apr-08 Asda....dare I speak the name...

So, yesterday I just wanted to get some simple, cheap things for the house....some plants, a few bowls, tablecloth, cleaning products, etc. I know that Asda is about the cheapest you can go.....and people here turn up there noses, well, at least the people who matter. But, I didn't want to spend a fortune and just needed knick-knacky things.

As I walked into Asda, I was reminded (someone had mentioned before, but I forgot) that Asda is actually owned by Wal-mart (they use Asda brand instead, as it was already established). And yes, there are greeters. The food and produce and clothes looked cheap, but everything else was decent enough.

So, while everyone sneers at Asda, it wasn't as bad as I thought. I think they just despise Wal-mart trying to take over the world.

No comments: